Frequently Asked Questions

Frontline Services


Need a birth , marriage , death certificate, or CENOMAR? Request these documents online, for delivery anywhere in the Philippines or abroad.

Visit PSA Serbilis NOW
your birth certificate, anytime...anywhere...


Fast & Hassle Free Certificate Delivery





PURSUANT to Memorandum Circular No. 2019-15 issued by the National Statistician and Civil Registrar General (NSCRG) entitled “Guidelines on the Issuance of the Civil Registry Documents/Certifications including Authentication” following the policy of the Philippine Government to protect the fundamental right of every individual to privacy in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012”:


WHO are allowed to request for copy issuance of birth, death or marriage certificate, or Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) / Advisory on Marriages (AOM) or for Authentication?

  1. Document owner of legal age (18 years old or above) or his/her Authorized Representative;
  2. Legal spouse;
  3. Parents;
  4. Children (of legal age) of the document owner;
  5. If the document owner is a minor and in default of the parents:
    1. The guardian appointed by the court; 
    2. The following persons exercising substitute parental authority in the order indicated pursuant to Article 216 of the Family Code of the Philippines provided that he/she executes and presents an Affidavit of Guardianship stating that he/she is the duly appointed guardian of the minor:
      1. The surviving grandparent;
      2. The oldest brother or sister, over 21 years old, unless unfit or disqualified;
      3. The child’s actual custodian, over 21 years old, unless unfit or disqualified.
    3. Institution legally in-charge of the minor with an authorization from the Regional Director of the Department of Social Welfare and Development;
  6. The court or proper public official through their issuance of a subpoena duces tecum and ad testificandum;
  7. Government agencies pursuant to their mandate through a Data Sharing Agreement in accordance with National Privacy Commission Circular No. 16-02;
  8. If document owner is deceased, the nearest of kin provided that he/she executes and presents an Affidavit of Kinship stating that he/she is the nearest surviving kin of the document owner.

WHO is an Authorized Representative?

An individual, of legal age, willfully designated by the document owner in writing, Authorization Letter or Special Power of Attorney, to request for the copy issuance of his/her birth or marriage certificate, or Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) / Advisory on Marriage (AOM) from the PSA.

What are the CONTENTS of the Authorization Letter or the Special Power of Attorney?

  1. Name/s of the authorized person/s;
  2. Specific purpose in securing the requested document or authentication;
  3. Type of document (birth or marriage certificate, or CENOMAR/AOM);
  4. Number of copies;
  5. Details of the document being requested, such as:
    1. Birth Certificate – Full name of document owner, date and place of birth, and name of parents;
    2. Marriage Certificate – Full name of husband and wife, and date and place of marriage;
    3. CENOMAR / AOM – same information as for birth certificate.

What are the REQUIREMENTS?

  1. Valid Identification (ID) or Identity Document of the requester;
  2. If the requester is an authorized representative, include the following with Item 1:
    1. Photocopy of the valid ID or Identity Document of the requester;
    2. Original and photo copy of the valid ID or Identity Document of the document owner;
    3. Original copy of the duly signed Authorization letter or SPA that matches the signature in the accompanying valid ID or Identity Document of the document owner. If the SPA has multi-purposes, include a photocopy of it.

For special cases, a scanned copy of the duly signed Authorization letter or SPA and the Valid ID or Identity Document of the document owner shall be sent thru any of the following?

  1. e-mail address        :
  2. FB Messenger         : crs baguio

VALID Identification (ID) Cards / Identify Documents pursuant to Memorandum Circular No. 2019-16 issued by the NSCRG entitled “Strict Implementation of the Presentation of Valid Identification/Identity Documents in the Issuance of Civil Registry Documents / Certifications from the PSA


  1. National ID
  2. Philippine Passport;
  3. Driver’s License;
  4. Professional Regulations Commission ID
  5. Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
  6. GSIS or SSS Unified Multi-Purpose ID
  7. Pag-ibig Transaction/Loyalty Card
  8. Voter’s ID issued by COMELEC
  9. Postal ID issued by the Philippine Postal Corporation
  10. Senior Citizen’s ID card issued by the Office of the Senior Citizen’s  Affairs and /or Local Government Unit
  11. OFW ID issued by the Department of Labor and Employment
  12. Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID
  13. Seaman’s / Seawoman’s Book issued by the Maritime Industry Authority
  14. Diplomat/Consular ID issued by the Philippine Embassy
  15. NBI / Police Clearance
  16. DSWD Certification / 4Ps ID
  17. Person with Disability ID issued by the National Council on Disability or its regional counterpart, Office of the Mayor, Office of the Punong Barangay, DSWD Office and other participating organization with Memorandum of Agreement with the Department of Health
  18. IDs issued by National Government agencies including Government Owned and Controlled Corporations
  19. TIN Card issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue
  20. School / Student ID for currently-enrolled students, 18 years old or above issued by reputable schools/colleges/universities recognized by DepEd or CHEd and signed by the principal or head of the academic institution
  21. Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with, supervised or regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Securities and Exchange Commission or Insurance Commission
  22. Barangay ID / Certification with picture and signature
  23. For FOREIGN NATIONALS, passport issued by foreign governments AND any of the following:
    1. Alien Certification of Registration (ACR I-card);
    2. Immigrant Certificate of Registration;
    3. Special Resident Retiree Visa issued by the Bureau of Immigration through the Philippine Retirement Authority


NOTE: An Identification Card / Identity Document must bear a clear photo of the owner, his/her full name and signature, and issued
             by an official authority for it to be considered as valid.

Download PDF File