CAR has over 40 thousand overseas workers
- There were 48,800 overseas workers in CAR listed in the 2015 Census of Population.
- Of the total number of overseas workers from the region, 68 percent were females or a population of 33,024 females.
- The province of Benguet had the highest number of overseas workers in 2015 with 12,922. Baguio City followed with 10,086 persons. Abra listed third with 9,569 overseas workers. The least number of overseas workers was from Apayao with 2,736 persons.
- Baguio City had the most male overseas workers with 4,958 persons while Apayao had the least number with 726 persons.
- The greatest number of females was from Benguet with 8,645 persons. While, the least number of female overseas workers came from Apayao with 2,010 persons.
Table 1. Number of Overseas Workers by Sex and City/Province, CAR: 2015
Most overseas workers are academic degree holders
- Most of the overseas workers from the region earned an academic degree with a total of 20,096 persons.
- In 2015, it was observed that there were more high school graduate overseas workers (12,936) than college undergraduate overseas workers (9,170 persons).
- There were also overseas workers who did not complete any education with 17 persons.
- Overseas workers who had a post baccalaureate accounted to 111 persons.
Figure 1. Number of Overseas Workers by Highest Grade Completed, CAR: 2015
Most overseas workers are 25 to 29 years old
- The greatest number of overseas workers were aged 25 to 29 years old with a total of 11,598 persons.
- Overseas workers in the age group 30 to 34 years old (10,527 persons) followed with the highest count. The third highest was overseas workers belonging to the age group 45 and over, with 8,799 persons.
- In 2015, there were 422 overseas workers listed who are below 20 years of ages.
Figure 2. Number of Overseas Workers by Age Group, CAR: 2015
Most female overseas workers are aged 25 to 29 years
- Among females, overseas workers were mostly aged 25 to 29 years (8,221 persons). Followed by ages 30 to 34 years old with 7,218 female overseas workers. The least number of overseas workers were aged below 20 years old.
- Among males, overseas workers were also mostly from the age group 25 to 29 years (3,377 persons). Followed by ages 30 to 34 years old with 3,309 male overseas workers. Similarly, overseas workers under 20 years old were the least (184 persons).
Figure 3. Number of Overseas Workers by Age Group and Sex, CAR: 2015