Kalinga Province


Transparency Seal
 Citizens Charter

Provincial Statwatch

Total Population 
as of August 2015
212, 680
Population Density
as of August 2015
65
Population Growth Rate
2010 - 2015
1.02 %
Consumer Price Index(2012-100)
August 2020
126.4
Inflation Rate(2012-100)
July 2020
2.0
PPP(2012-100)
July 2020
79
Poverty Incidence Among Families
2015
30.0
Inventory of Statistics Available in the Government31st Civil Registration MonthSupport 2020 CPHPSA 7th Anniversary CelebrationAnnouncement Civil RegistrationPhilsys

Kalinga is a landlocked province in the northernmost section of the Cordillera Region. It is bounded by the provinces of Cagayan and Apayao in the north, Mt. Province in the south, and Abra in the West. The greater sections of Cagayan and Isabela are found on its eastern part.

Sharp-crested interlinking mountain peaks, steep slopes, isolated flat lands, plateau's and valley characterize the western side while the eastern section is generally rolling with gradually sloping foothills, interlocking wide track of flat lands and floodplains along its main rivers. Among land and waterforms which constitute potential tourism sights are its waterfalls, hot springs, rice terraces and subterranean rivers.

Composed of seven municipalities and one component city, the province's land area as of 2010 is 3,164.3 square kilometers occupying 17% of the Cordillera Administrative Region's land area.

A sizeable 85.96% of the total land area has been declared under the Revised Forestry Code inalienable and disposable or public land leaving only 14.04% as alienable disposable. This can be counted as a major issue aside from the inaccessibilty attributed by the terrain of the province.

Under the national population count conducted by the National Statistics Office (NSO), as of May 2010, Kalinga registered a total population of 201,613 and a growth rate of 1.95 from 1990 to 2010. The City of Tabuk has the highest population count 103,912 persons. This is because Tabuk City is the capital of the province and is the center of commerce, trade and industry making the city an immigration area. The least populated town is Tanudan with only 8,119 populatioln count.

The province is richly endowed with mineral resources, both metallic and non-metallic which are said to be mostly found in the municipalities of Balbalan and Pasil. There are also evidences on the presence of non-metallic reserves such as sulphur, gravel and sand.


Infographics

Like us on Facebook

Latest in PSA Kalinga

08 January 2021

The number of registered marriages in the province of Kalinga for the third quarter of 2020 summed up to only 126. The City of Tabuk has the highest marriage registered with 55 marriage occurrences or 43.65% of the total registered marriages for the 3rd quarter 2020. Read more about 2020 3rd Quarter Registered Marriages in Kalinga

08 January 2021

The number of registered births in the province of Kalinga for the third quarter of 2020 summed up to 1, 288. The City of Tabuk has the highest birth registered with 926 birth occurrences or 71.89% of the total registered births for the 3rd quarter 2020. Read more about 2020 3rd Quarter Registered Births in Kalinga

17 November 2020

The number of registered births in the province of Kalinga for the second quarter of 2020 summed up to 851. The City of Tabuk has the highest birth registered with 671 birth occurrences or 78.85% of the total registered births for the 2nd quarter 2020 Read more about 2020 2nd QUARTER REGISTERED BIRTHS IN KALINGA

11 March 2020

February is Civil Registration Month. This year’s theme is “Shaping Civil Registration and Vital statistics (CRVS) by Embracing New Trends in the 4th Industrial Revolution”. Read more about Kalinga Provincial Statistical Office: A Summary Report on the Celebration of 2020 Civil Registration Month

27 January 2020

Consumer Price Index (CPI) of Kalinga in 2019 was 123.5, higher by 3.35 index points from last year’s CPI with 119.5. In 2019, the month of December posted the highest CPI at 125.9, followed by November at 125.1. The month of April had the lowest CPI with 122.1. Read more about 2019 Price Situation in Kalinga

Kalinga Publications

Title File Release Date Type
2019 Kalinga Birth Registration Statistics
PDF icon KALINGA-2019-BIRTH.pdf Tuesday, February 18, 2020 factsheet
2019 Kalinga Marriage Registration Statistics
PDF icon KALINGA-2019-MARRIAGES.pdf Tuesday, February 18, 2020 factsheet
2019 Kalinga Death Registration Statistics
PDF icon KALINGA-2019-DEATH.pdf Tuesday, February 18, 2020 factsheet
Kalinga Quickstat February 2020
PDF icon Kalinga-Quickstat-February-2020.pdf Tuesday, February 18, 2020 quickstat