Friday, October 28, 2022
Consumer Price Index
• Consumer Price Index (CPI) is the general measure of the change in the average retail prices of a market basket or collection of goods and services commonly purchased by the average Filipino household.
• In general, the CPI increased reflecting the rise in the average prices of goods and services in all the six provinces and the highly urbanized city (HUC) of CAR.
• The CPI of the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) in September 2022 was 116.9 index points. This was higher by 7.2 index points from the 109.7 CPI index points of September 2021 using 2018 as base year.
• Among the CAR provinces/HUC, Mt. Province posted the highest CPI for September 2022 with 122.9 index points, followed by Kalinga with 120.6 index points and Ifugao with 118.6 index points.
• Meanwhile, Baguio City posted the lowest CPI with 113.9 index points.
CPI by Commodity Groups
• Among the commodity groups, Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco had the highest CPI in the region with 143.0 index points. The province of Kalinga incurred the highest CPI on this commodity with 168.2 index points, followed by Mt. Province with 164.2 index points, and Abra with 158.4 index points.
• Financial Services ranked second among the commodity groups in the region for September 2022 with 139.2 index points. Among the provinces, Abra had the highest CPI on this commodity with 160.4 index points while Mt. Province had the lowest with 100.0 index points.
• Transport registered the third highest CPI commodity group in the region with 131.5 index points. Apayao recorded the highest index for this commodity with 143.8 index points, followed by Benguet and Ifugao with 140.0 and 136.8 index points, respectively.
• Information and Communication incurred the lowest CPI among the commodity groups in the region during the month of September 2022 with 101.8 index points. The province of Benguet incurred the highest index on this commodity with 103.2 index points while Mountain Province had the lowest with 99.8 index points.
• Among the CAR provinces and HUC, Mountain Province incurred the highest CPI for All Items with 122.9 index points while Baguio City recorded the lowest CPI with 113.9 index points in September 2022.