2021 1st Quarter Registered Births in Kalinga

Reference Number: 

21CAR32-343

Release Date: 

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

The number of registered births in the province of Kalinga for the first quarter of 2021 summed up to 1,005. The City of Tabuk has the highest birth registered with 51 birth occurrences or 70.85% of the total registered births for the 1st quarter 2021. Municipalities of Balbalan and Pasil recorded the least number of documented births with 18 birth occurrences followed by the municipalities of Tanudan and Lubuagan with 26 and 27 birth occurrences respectively.

Table1. Number of Births Registered by Municipality and by Month: Kalinga 1st Quarter, 2021

 
Place of Registration Month Total
Jan Feb Mar
Balbalan 0 4 14 18
Lubuagan 10 8 9 27
Pasil 2 3 13 18
Pinukpuk 19 17 25 61
Rizal 16 15 20 51
Tabuk City 251 172 289 712
Tanudan 8 4 14 26
Tinglayan 15 21 56 92

 

Figure1. Number of Registered Births by Month: Kalinga, 1st Quarter 2021

The month of March recorded the highest number of registered births with 440 in the 1st quarter 2021 followed by January with 321 and the least was February with 244 registered births.

Figure2. Percentage Distribution of Live Births by Municipality: Kalinga, 1st Quarter 2021

More than half or 70.85 percent of the total number of registered births in Kalinga for the 1st Quarter 2021 were from City of Tabuk. The remaining 29.15 percent came from the 7 municipalities of the province. Pasil and Balbalan have the least with 1.79 percent of the total number of registered live births in Kalinga.
 
In the province, two third (67.76 percent) of the babies born were registered on time (681) compared to 32.24 percent (324) registered late.
 
Figure3. Percentage of Registration Status: Kalinga, 1st Quarter 2021
 
 

Table2. Number of Births Registered by Municipality, by Registration Status: January, 2021

Place of Registration January
Timely Late
Balbalan 0 0
Lubuagan 5 5
Pasil 1 1
Pinukpuk 3 16
Rizal 15 1
Tabuk City 192 59
Tanudan 2 6
Tinglayan 1 14
 
In January 2021, there were more registered timely than late with 219 out of 321 registered. Tabuk City and Rizal has higher number of registered timely than late with 192 and 15 respectively. The municipalities of Pinukpuk, Tanudan and Tinglayan have higher number of registered late than timely. Lubuagan and Pasil have same number of registrations for both timely and late. While, Balbalan has neither registration.

Table3. Number of Births Registered by Municipality, by Registration Status: February, 2021

Place of Registration February
Timely Late
Balbalan 2 3
Lubuagan 4 4
Pasil 1 2
Pinukpuk 7 10
Rizal 13 2
Tabuk City 158 14
Tanudan 0 4
Tinglayan 11 10
 

Higher rate of registered timely than late was observed in the month of February 2021. All municipalities except Tabuk City, Tinglayan and Rizal have higher number of registered late than timely. Zero registered timely was observed in the municipality of Tanudan. Lubuagan has same number of registration for timely and late.

Table4. Number of Births Registered by Municipality, by Registration Status: March, 2021

Place of Registration March
Timely Late
Balbalan 2 12
Lubuagan 2 17
Pasil 1 12
Pinukpuk 6 19
Rizal 17 3
Tabuk City 230 59
Tanudan 0 14
Tinglayan 9 47
Among the eight (8) city/municipalities of the province, Tabuk City and Rizal have higher number of registered timely than late registration. There is no registered timely in the municipality of Tanudan and only 1 was registered timely for the municipality of Pasil.

Tags: 

Attachments: