2020 3rd Quarter Registered Births in Kalinga

Reference Number: 

21CAR32-0042

Release Date: 

Friday, January 8, 2021

The number of registered births in the province of Kalinga for the third quarter of 2020 summed up to 1, 288. The City of Tabuk has the highest birth registered with 926 birth occurrences or 71.89% of the total registered births for the 3rd quarter 2020. Municipalities of Tanudan and Pasil recorded the least number of documented births with 15 and 26 birth occurrences followed by the municipality of Balbalan with 32 birth occurrence in the 3rd quarter 2020.

 

Table1. Number of Births Registered by Municipality and by Month: Kalinga 3rd Quarter, 2020

Place of Registration Month Total
July Aug Sep
Balbalan 13 5 14 32
Lubuagan 16 15 25 56
Pasil 9 11 6 26
Pinukpuk 49 29 35 113
Rizal 12 20 26 58
Tabuk City 317 274 335 926
Tanudan 3 4 8 15
Tinglayan 18 19 25 62
TOTAL 437 377 474 1288

Figure1. Number of Registered Births by Month: Kalinga, 3rd Quarter 2020

The month of September has the highest number of registered births with 474 in the 3rd quarter 2020 followed by July with 437 and the least was August with 377 registered births.

Figure2. Percentage Distribution of Live Births by Municipality: Kalinga, 3rd Quarter 2020

Almost three fourths or 71.89 percent of the total number of registered births in Kalinga for the 3rd Quarter 2020 were from City of Tabuk. The remaining 28.11 percent came from the 7 municipalities of the province. Tanudan and Pasil have the least with 1.16 and 2.02 percent of the total number of registered live births in Kalinga.

In the province, more than half (57.28 percent) of the babies were registered on time (911) while 42.72 percent (377) were registered late.

Figure3. Percentage of Registration Status: Kalinga, 3rd Quarter 2020

Table2. Number of Births Registered by Municipality, by Registration Status: July, 2020

Place of Registration July
Timely Late
Balbalan 1 12
Lubuagan 9 7
Pasil 1 8
Pinukpuk 12 37
Rizal 11 1
Tabuk City 260 57
Tanudan 0 3
Tinglayan 9 9

In July 2020, there were more births registered timely than late with 303 out of 437 registered. Tabuk City has the highest number of timely registered than late with 260 and 57 respectively. Pinukpuk has higher late registration of twenty five than its timely registration. Rizal has one late registration. Tanudan has zero timely birth registration for the month.

Table3. Number of Births Registered by Municipality, by Registration Status: August, 2020

Place of Registration August
Timely Late
Balbalan 0 5
Lubuagan 10 5
Pasil 3 8
Pinukpuk 8 21
Rizal 20 0
Tabuk City 213 61
Tanudan 0 4
Tinglayan 4 15

Higher rate of registered timely than late was observed in the month of August 2020. Tabuk City has higher number of registered timely than late with 213 and 61 respectively. Zero registered timely was observed in the municipalities of Balbalan and Tanudan. In contrast, zero registered late was observed in the municipality of Rizal.

Table4. Number of Births Registered by Municipality, by Registration Status: September, 2020

Place of Registration September
Timely Late
Balbalan 2 12
Lubuagan 13 12
Pasil 1 5
Pinukpuk 6 29
Rizal 23 3
Tabuk City 298 37
Tanudan 0 8
Tinglayan 7 18

Among the eight (8) city/municipalities of the province, Tabuk City, Rizal and Lubuagan have higher number of timely registration. All the other municipalities have higher rate of late registration. There is no registered timely in the municipality of Tanudan.

 

Tags: 

Attachments: