PSA Mandate and Function
The PSA shall plan, develop, prescribe, disseminate and enforce policies, rules and regulations and coordinate government-wide programs governing the production of official statistics, general-purpose statistics, and civil registration services.
The PSA shall primarily be responsible for all national censuses and surveys, sectoral statistics, consolidation of selected administrative recording systems and compilation of national accounts.
Functions of the PSA
- Serve as the central statistical authority of the Philippine government on primary data collection;
- Prepare and conduct periodic censuses on population, housing, agriculture, fisheries, business, industry and other sectors of the economy;
- Collect, compile, analyze, abstract and publish statistical information relating to the country’s economic, social, demographic, political affairs and general activities and condition of the people;
- Prepare and conduct statistical sample surveys on all aspects of socioeconomic life including agriculture, industry, trade, finance, prices and marketing information, income and expenditure, education, health, culture and social situations as well as the government and the political sector for the use of the government and the public;
- Carry out, enforce and administer civil registration functions in the country as provided for in Act No. 3753, otherwise known as the Civil Registry Law;
- Collaborate with departments of the national government including GOCCs and their subsidiaries in the collection, compilation, maintenance and publication of statistical information, including special statistical data derived from the activities of those departments, corporations and their subsidiaries;
- Promote and develop integrated social and economic statistics and coordinate plans for the integration of those statistics, including the national accounts;
- Develop and maintain appropriate frameworks and standards for the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of data;
- Coordinate with government departments and local government units (LGUs) on the promotion and adoption of statistical standards involving techniques, methodologies, concepts, definitions and classifications, and on the avoidance of duplication in the collection of statistical information;
- Conduct continuing methodological, analytical and development activities, in coordination with the Philippine Statistical Research and Training Institute (PSRTI) to improve the conduct of censuses, surveys and other data collection activities;
- Recommend executive and legislative measures to enhance the development of the statistical activities and programs of the government;
- Prepare, in consultation with the PSA Board, a Philippine Statistical Development Program (PSDP);
- Implement policies on statistical matters and coordination, as directed by the PSA Board; and
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the PSA Board and as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this Republic Act 10625.
The PSA Logo and Its Meaning
- Three curved arrows
- Sphere and grid (globe)
Solid responsive world-class authority on quality statistics and civil registration.
Deliver relevant, reliable statistics and civil registration services for equitable development towards improved quality of life for all.
|S||teadfast||Unwavering faith rain or shine|
|T||eam Spirit||Together as one|
|A||daptability||Open to changes|
|T||ransparency||No hidden agenda|
|I||ntegrity||Strong inside out|
|S||tewardship||Responsible management of resources|
|T||rust in Almighty God||Reflects spirituality|
|P||rofessional||ethical, expert, competent, dependable, committed to excellence|
|R||esponsive||customer focused, active listener, proactive, communicator|
|I||nnovative||modern, technologically adept, systems view, thinking out of the box, radical|
|S||trategic thinker||long-term view, working smart, game changer, futurity of present decisions|
|M||otivated||values people, promotes welfare, promotes professional development, sound HR policy|